Altkrautheim, situated on the Jagst River, was part of Württemberg. Altkrautheim first appears in records in the 11th century. Sankt Johannes Der Taeufer (St. John the Baptist) is the Catholic church in Altkrautheim. The cornerstone of the church bears an inscription with the year 1322. The history of early Bühler ancestors comes from the church records of Sankt Johannes Der Taeufer.